Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Great Rain

Hi Everybody,

We have arrived at the Province today - Chongqing, China! It was about a 2 hour flight from Beijing. It's like a little New York City - size is 34 million. It's called the Foggy City because of all the smog. It's very hot and humid.

Baby Julia/Fu Shu's home is an 8-hour drive from here. We saw an updated picture and were told she is in good health. She is gorgeous - I would share if I could, but don't have a scanner. We are meeting her tomorrow after a long drive to Civil Affairs. We were told that Julia is of a minority culture and there is only about 14,000 of that minority.

Once we arrived at the Holiday Inn in Chongqing our new guide, Sophia took us shopping for water at the local grocery store. Wholy cow! Things are cheap here. I bought some new sandals for about $12 US dollars. They are very nice with leather straps.

And then the WINE -- luckily Sophia was with us, because I grabbed the wine as I thought it was water -- and the price of our bottle water. Ah, water into wine! What can I say?

Please add a comment - I would love to hear who is visiting.


The Great Wall - Yesterday!
Wow. The Great Wall is a steep hike. See the upward road behind us in the picture? I stopped way before Joe and Jason suddenly became afraid of heights! I was much more gorgeous than I ever thought possible. You could see for miles - well if it wasn't pouring with rain.

I was afraid I would slip coming back down and that's the last thing I need before we go into labor tomorrow!

AND then came the SQUATTY POTTY - You see... interesting thing -- all the toilets are like holes in the ground. You literally have to squat down towards the ground to go. Well, on this particular occasion with wet shoes, I slipped. Yes. Pretty gross, but I wanted to share all our adventures!



We meet Julia tomorrow - I can't wait to share.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Here is a message from Grandma (via phone, via sis, via web).
I love you all and I am praying for good health, safety and lots of love with Julia when you get her. Can't wait to see the pictures. Hope you don't have to buy new shoes b/c of the squatty potty! HA HA
Love- Mom

Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Jx3 (hopefully Jx4 by the time you read this)-

We're so happy here in VA to hear that everything is going well!- despite the rain, fear of heights and squatty potty issue! As you can see I am keeping mom informed of your postings and am reading them to her everyday via the telephone.

Ian wants to see Julia! When he looked at the referral pictures he said "She's so cute and small! When can I see her?"

LOVE to all,
Becca, Bryce, Ian & Kora

Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Leila said...

Thanks for writing this.

Monday, November 10, 2008 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home