Monday, July 02, 2007

And then there were 4




Well, we just got back from the adoption center. The whole experience was very surreal. I'm not sure what we expected, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that. As soon as we got off the elevator, we were wisked into a room w/ many other families and their newly adopted children. We blew right by them into a room where Julia was w/ her nanny. And it was done.

We had to stay around for about an hour to finalize paperwork and chat w/ the nanny about Julia's eating and sleeping habits, etc. But it was pretty much done as soon as we entered the room. The nanny handed her over to Jeneth. Julia cried a little but soon calmed down. She didn't want anything to do with us boys. In fact she cried quite a bit when I tried to hold her. I guess she didn't see many boys in the orphanage, although my friends would probably claim I have that affect on all women.

She seemed pretty curious on the ride back to the hotel. Very calm once we got her away from the hustle and bustle of the adoption agency. We're all sitting around the hotel room now, just trying to relax and get to know each other. Mainly I think Julia is just tired and quite a bit overwhelmed. Maybe we all are. I'm uploading pics now. Go check them out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jfblackert/TripToChina

- Joe

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! Look forward to meeting her (and I guess seeing the rest of you too).

-Kevin, Shatana and Isa!

Monday, July 02, 2007 7:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your comment! We are very excited she has joined our family.

Tell everyone -- Happy 4th!

Jen

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all!! I hope Julia is adjusting to her new family & I'm sure she's loving it!! I've enjoyed looking at your photos. How exiciting!

Take care & hope to see you all when you return!
Evelyn

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

She's such a little doll. I'm so happy for all of you. Hope all is going well. Can't wait to see more pictures of your new addition and the rest of the family.

Love, Robin

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 11:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home